Inject-Ex”™ Molding Concept
The “Inject-EX”TM System is an improved Injection Molding process that employs a non-reciprocating (stationary) helical plasticating screw housed within a heating/cooling cylinder that is coupled to a plunger head assembly, drive housing and motor that Melts, Homogenizes and injects molten polymeric material more precisely and efficiently, along One Axis, comprising a unitary Inject-EX unit.
The “Inject-EX”TM addresses Four Major deficiencies of the Old Reciprocating Screw design;
- Viscosity Variation due in Part to Poor Melt Homogenization
- Variation in the Amount of polymer downstream of the NRV due to constant pressure flow changes and decompression inconsistencies.
- Variation in the Quantity of Melt displaced due to inconsistent NRV closure
- Variation in the Quantity of Melt displaced due to Poor Control of the shutoff Points.
HOW WE SOLVE THE FOUR MAJOR DEFICIENCIES!
Reciprocation Screw Issue #1:
The Stationary Extruder Screw
- Will Homogenize the Polymer More Thoroughly
- Every Pellet is subject to similar shear regardless of the shot size
- No disruption of the solids bed
- More Advanced screw designs can be deployed for melting and homogenization
Reciprocation Screw Issue #2:
The “Inject-Ex”TM Stationary Extruder Screw
- Is Isolated from the Melt Pool by our PLUNGER HEAD therefore each Chamber can be treated and monitored separately
- Our Plunger Head Opens on Flow and Shuts Instantly when the screw stops pumping
- Decompression of the Melt Pool is more precise than the Reciprocating Screw and does not disrupt the Solids Bed
Reciprocation Screw Issue #3:
The NRV is the most critiqued component in the reciprocating screw Bill of Materials List and is Blamed for Most Part Variation. The “Inject-Ex”TM System of Polymer Fluid Shutoff Is Unique to the World and has features such as;
- The patented “MDP” Plunger Head design is composed of a Poppet, Seat and a Spring to provide for the Kinetic Energy for Head Pressure and Closure within Milliseconds
- Precise fits between the ID and OD of the Pressure Vessel and our Seal Ring provide for Minimal Pressure Drop and Leakage Control for Un-Paralleled Shot Control and Part Weight Variation
Reciprocation Screw Issue #4:
Controlling the Mass for each shot is impossible unless there are components in place to minimize the Variation in Mass between each shot. Stringing and Drooling are a major issue in the Industry and our “Mini-Shut”TM miniature automatic shutoff nozzle tip has proven itself for over 7-years and thousands of applications that it will help control mass…shot-to-shot.