Barrel Blitz Universal Purging Compound
Barrel Blitz Universal (BBU) is a mechanical purging compound that provides a deep-clean of the screw and barrel in order to get the machine back to its original condition. Whether Injection or Extrusion, Barrel Blitz Universal will not just perform the color change or material change but will return the screw back to mint condition—as if brand new. BBU thrives on problem materials or processes; high to low-temperature changes, heat-sensitive materials (PVC, POM, PBT, Flame-retardant additives), metalizing ABS or PA, and high-temperature materials. Never tried Barrel Blitz before? Give us a call to find out how you can try it for free.
Barrel Blitz is a true evolution in purging made up of a stable, easily clearing polymer and proprietary Scrubber Concentrate. It's three primary uses are; color changes, material changes, and where it truly comes into its own: clearing carbon.
Clearing Carbon—by this, we mean fully degraded materials and plate-out from concentrated pigments or additives – can either be done in isolation but more importantly every time you use the BBU for color or material changes.
But it is much more than just that; it will do the following all in one material:
- Work effectively from 160°C (320°F) to 370°C (698°F)
- Easily cleaned out by any material—clear ones as well—(no milky moldings)
- Can be used as a strip-down material (ask us for instructions)
- Above-average color and material changeability
- Effective for much higher temperature materials if reduced to 370°C (698°F) while purging