Melt Profiler™ VII System
The Melt Profiler™ VII System monitors actual in-line melt temperature during the injection molding process. It utilizes a specially fabricated sensor to measure melt temperature 157 times per second and uses proprietary software to calculate metrics that can be used to predict and document part quality. It can also trigger alarms if the melt temperature or other thresholds are out of range. Common uses for the Melt Profiler™ VII System include:
- Ensuring polymer melt temperature is within the range specified by the material supplier.
- Recognizing component wear by seeing changes in the melt profile curve.
- Understanding how different affect melt temperature.
- Understanding how different external variables affect melt temperature.
- Recognizing lot-to-lot inconsistencies in raw material by seeing changes in the melt profiler curve.
- Using the “Power Factor” and “Viscosity Rise Integral” metrics to predict and document part quality.
- Setting alarms to alert you when the melt temperature or other thresholds are out of range.
- Having confidence that quality parts will be manufactured no matter what molding machine is being used.
- Performing quicker mold changes by simply matching the Melt Profiler™ curve to match the curve proven to process quality parts.
The Melt Profiler™ VII System includes (1) Temp-Sense™ Nozzle Sensor, (1) Melt Profiler™ Software DC, (1) Set of hardware with seven sensor inputs protected in a 10.375”x6”x4” Console Box, All required cabling.